geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Competing J2EE Connector implementation architectures
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:07:05 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>Gianny Damour and I have developed alternate partial implementations of the
>JCA ConnectionManager.  We haven't been able to convince each other of the
>merits of our own approach, so I think we need some broader community
>review and input.  We also need an easier way to further develop our ideas
>in public.
I allow me to rephrase this a little. I am convinced that an Interceptor
implementation is a possible approach. However, I am also convinced that my
approach - note this significant bias - is more flexible.

>What I'd like to do is make 2 branches and check one proposal into each.
>I'd like some advice on what to call the branches.  Here are a couple of
>ideas:
I appreciate this proposal. However, I do not believe that this will be
required: I understand what you have implemented and I will be glad to try
to contribute on this code-base. I think that this is a "wise" decision
based on a simple fact: this is your second implementation.

Moreover, it seems that some people are waiting for the foundations of the
J2EECA architecture in order to start the implementation of message
endpoints delivery. So, let's give them these foundations asap.

Whatever, I am ready to explain in details why I prefer my proposal.

Gianny

Découvrez les nouvelles émoticônes animées de  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866
MSN Messenger nouvelle formule