geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Web State Replication... (long)
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:19:46 GMT
Hello,

Just a couple of questions regarding this design:

- Is it possible to configure the weight of a node? If yes, is the same
auto-partitioning policy applicable? My concern is that a "clockwise" policy
may add a significant load on nodes hosted by low spec hosts.

- I have the feeling that one can not configure a preferred replication
group for primary sessions of a specific node: if four nodes are available,
I would like to configure that sessions of the first node should be
replicated by the third node, if available, or the fourth one.

- Is it not an overhead to have b-1 replica? AFAIK, a single secondary
should be enough.

Cheers,
Gianny

http://search.msn.fr