geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JSR77 -> JSR88
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:42:33 GMT
Bordet, Simone wrote:
>I know I lack a lot of information, but there is no possibility to use JMX
>Notifications ?
Yes and this is what I was calling a "standard" monitoring infrastructure
(there is no xMonitor classes in this infrastructure, so the name is
certainly not really wise).

By now, a notification is broadcasted for each JSR77 state transition. So,
ApplicationDeployer could add itself as a notification listener of J2EE
modules and track their states.

However, I've got the feeling that if one goes in this direction, one ends
up with two repositories: one maintained by a MBeansServer and one
maintained by ApplicationDeployer. Hence this idea of sharing the
repositories. It seems that G will use extensively the ClassLoaderRepository
of MBeanServers so, perhaps that one could also share the MBean
registrations.

Gianny

Hotmail : un compte GRATUIT qui vous suit partout et tout le temps !
http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9493