geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:30:30 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
>I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for Geronimo
>using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able to connect  to
>a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the mx4j remote
>connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part of mx4j.
[...]
>I just wondered if anyone had successfully managed to add the JMX  adapter
>inside Geronimo?
Yes. To make it works, I have added this Classpath entry to the run:main
goal:

<pathelement location="${run.dir}/lib/geronimo-core-rmiclassloaderspi.jar"/>

Geronimo implements and redefines the RMIClassLoaderSpi to be used - system
property java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoaderSpi - and because it is not in the
system Classpath, a NoClassDefFound is raised.

BTW, if it solves your problem, could you also have a look to GERONIMO-98:
the debug:main goal does not defined the right Classpath and it is not
possible to debug G via debug:main.

Cheers,
Gianny

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551