geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [deployment] hot deploy scanning and redeployment
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:23:54 GMT
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:35:30 +1000, Jan Bartel wrote:

>Where can I find the resource adaptor deployer code that you refer to? I
>can't seem to find it in CVS ...
It is still in the sandbox: JIRA.

>By maintaining individual deployers implementing standard JSR88/JSR77 style
>interfaces for deployment lifecycles (but re-using common code, perhaps
>from an inherited base class) we reduce the coupling in the code, therefore
>gaining maximum flexibility and minimize changes necessary to support new
>deployment types.
I understand your point. I am in the process of migrating the generic
deployer to a base-class, which could be extended by other planners such as
AbstractWebContainer. Actually, this is done: Jetty is mounted via
dev-jetty-service.xml and when a .war is dropped, it is deployed. Ok, it was
already working, however by now there is a meta-data repository MBean which
is the DeploymentContext + MetaDataRepository.

Unfortunately, I've got some JSP compile issues (this is a well-know issue,
yet I would like to know why).

I will submit a preview tomorrow.

Gianny

MSN Messenger 6 http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866  : dialoguez en son et en image