geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <>
Subject Re: Review of refactored deployment classes
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 04:24:55 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
>Why are auto-deploy folders needed?  Depending on the tools you use, they
>are sometimes a convenience in development, but can be simply annoying with
>other choices.  For instance, JBoss has a jboss-jmx ant task that can be
>used to call the jboss deployer with a url.  You can then have a deploy
>target in your ant script and forget copying your app into the hot-deploy
>directory.  I'm not saying one way is always better than the other, I've
>used both.
I agree. I assume that they are needed for development as a convenience and
not recommanded for production deployments.

Do you plan to support two server modes a la WebLogic? I mean a Development
mode with a "standard" auto-deploy folder and a Production mode where this
feature is switched off.

I think that this is one of the nicies, which makes a product more appealing
than another, yet this is my 2 cents.

Hotmail : un compte GRATUIT qui vous suit partout et tout le temps !

View raw message