geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Review of refactored deployment classes
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:04:55 GMT
Hello Jan,
>In this call:
>List postTasks = getJ2EEModulePlan(dmdMetaData,
>                                    dMetaData,
>                                    dHelper,
>                                    childMBeans);
>
>why do we need 2 types of meta data passed in? Won't just the
>DeploymentMetaData instance suffice?
You are right. There was a reason for this strange call: during the
registration of an MBean via RegisterMBeanInstance, the MBean can change its
name during the preRegister call. It means that the ObjectName provided to
RegisterMBeanInstance may or may not be the name used during the actual
registration. CreateMBeanInstance deals pretty well with this issue: it
updates the MBeanMetadata used to create the MBean. Unfortunately,
RegisterMBeanInstance does not deal with this problem. I wanted to migrate
RegisterMBeanInstance and I have simply pushed it aside as a non-critical
issue.

As a conclusion, you are definitively right: only DeploymentMetaData needs
to be passed in.

Gianny

PS: tres bon francais.

MSN Messenger 6  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : ajoutez une image à votre