geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject web module packaging + ClassSpace
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:26:32 GMT
Hello,

I was playing around with ApplicationDeployer in order to "merge" JSR077 and
JSR088 and I will need to do the following changes:

- split the web generic classes and the Jetty specific ones into two
distinct jars, say geronimo-web-jetty-DEV.jar and geronimo-web-DEV.jar; and
- enhance ClassSpace in order to support a parent ClassSpace. For instance,

    <class-space name="geronimo.system:role=ClassSpace,name=Jetty">
        <codebase url="file:lib/">
            <archive name="*"/>
        </codebase>
        <parent name="geronimo.system:role=ClassSpace,name=System"/>
    </class-space>

means that the parent ClassSpace of
geronimo.system:role=ClassSpace,name=Jetty is
geronimo.system:role=ClassSpace,name=System.

(I already talked about this update, yet I have never submitted a patch as
it was not crucial at this moment).

Any concern?

Moreover, there was a thread regarding deployments of J2EE modules.
Different ideas have been proposed and a sample code - for a base-class
implementation - has been submitted in JIRA (GERONIMO-102). Did anyone have
a look to this sample code?

As a summary, the idea was to define a meta-data repository MBean for each
J2EE module deployment. In the context of JSR088, I would like to make this
meta-data repository a TargetModuleID. Registration of such MBeans are
listened by ApplicationDeployer, which tracks this way the auto-deployed
J2EE modules.

Gianny

http://search.msn.fr