geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [webapp deployment] Progress (was Re: [Deployment] Application Deployment Status)
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:46:26 GMT
Greg Wilkins wrote:
>Note that I don't think that common deployment behaviour can go in an
>Abstract base class, as we already have AbstractManagedObject that services
>need to extend.  The common deployment behaviour will probly need to go
>in a DeploymentSupport class or on the DeploymentController itself.
I understand your point, however I believe that this is not an issue to have
a base-class:

Suppose that a base-class provides this common deployment behaviour. In
order to write a deployer, you can either extend this base-class or write an
inner-class, which extends it. In other words, if one can not extend the
base-class, one still have the possibility to write a (non-static)
inner-class. Actually, this is exactly when one uses the various AWT
adapters.

Gianny

MSN Messenger 6 http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866  : dialoguez en son et en image
avec vos amis.