geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject JMX Communication Problems
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:09:39 GMT
	I've gotten the JSR-88 command-line client a little further, to
the point where I make 6 or 8 JMX calls when I'm working with it.  This
often fails with a timeout error, but not always.  Lately, when I start
the Geronimo server, the first time I fire up the client it fails, but if
I then restart it it works OK.

	When I fire up the client and it fails, the server prints
something like this:

    [java] 13:40:09,793 DEBUG [ChannelPool] channel connecting to:
async://(hostname):35649

	When the client works, the server doesn't print that.

	When the client fails, it hangs for a while (30 seconds or
something, I'm not exactly sure), and then I get something like this:

org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.TransportException: Request time
out.
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.async.ChannelPool.sendRequest(ChannelPool.java:459)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.async.AsyncClient.sendRequest(AsyncClient.java:93)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.RemoteTransportInterceptor.invoke(RemoteTransportInterceptor.java:97)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.MarshalingInterceptor.invoke(MarshalingInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.proxy.SimpleRPCContainer.invoke(SimpleRPCContainer.java:84)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.proxy.ProxyContainer.invoke(ProxyContainer.java:85)
        at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.enterprise.deploy.server.JmxServerConnection.getAvailableModules(JmxServerConnection.java:52)

	Note that all of this is with the client and server running on the
same machine, with a host name that resolves to 127.0.0.1.  For most of
the day I was not on the internet at all, but being online doesn't seem to
help.

Aaron