geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject New (0.9.5.2) Castor Error
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:18:24 GMT
	I tried Castor 0.9.5.2 on my DD Schemas, and I get the stack trace
below.  The error is complaining that I've tried to map "xml" as a
namespace, but I'm pretty sure I haven't -- I've looked through the files
and grepped for "xmlns:xml" and "xml=" and so on and found nothing.  If
someone from Castor wants me to send them the schemas for further
investigation, I'd be happy to.  It would really help to get a file name
and line number in these errors!

Thanks,
	Aaron

    [echo] Generating sources for
/home/ammulder/cvs/geronimo/modules/xbeans/src/schema/geronimo-application-client.xsd
    [java] -- Disabling generation of Marshalling framework methods
(marshall, unmarshall, validate).
    [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
The prefix 'xml' is reserved (XML 1.0 Specification) and cannot be
declared.
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.Namespaces.addNamespace(Namespaces.java:130)
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.UnmarshalHandler.startPrefixMapping(UnmarshalHandler.java:1953)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startNamespaceMapping(Unknown
Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown

Source)
    [java]      at

Source)
    [java]      at
Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
    [java]      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
    [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:583)
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.builder.binding.BindingLoader.loadBinding(BindingLoader.java:130)
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.builder.binding.BindingLoader.createBinding(BindingLoader.java:250)
    [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator.main(SourceGenerator.java:746)