geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: XML POJO Update (Castor)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:30:24 GMT
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Arnaud Blandin wrote:
> The behavior you are experiencing appeared when we introduced native
> SAX2 support in support. We believed it is a Xerces bug but we checked
> in a workaround in the latest version of Castor (CVS). You can download
> a nightly build that should include that patch.
> Usually the download information of Castor is available at:
> http://www.castor.org/download.html
> I see you guys are using Maven, I think (I am not 100% sure) that Maven
> has an option to check-out the latest release of a jar if you give it a
> URL.

	Maven usually downloads files from http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
(in this case http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/castor/jars/).  The most
current version there is 0.9.5.
	Maven has the ability to use a "SNAPSHOT" build, but those also
appear on the ibiblio site, presumably updated there nightly (see, for
example, http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/mx4j/jars/), though I'm just
guessing now.
	So I think someone involved with Castor needs to communicate with
someone involved with Maven and get a newer build up, and if necessary,
arrange for SNAPSHOT builds to be put there as well.  I have no idea what
the process is for that.

> Concerning the discussion for a Schema Validator; I usually use Castor
> :) (we implement schema validation in an incremental way; meaning that
> we implemented the core of the validation specified in XML Schema spec
> and people give us feedback on what is missing so that we can complete
> our implementation) else I found that XSV
> (www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html) written in Python and XML Schema
> Quality Checker from IBM.

	I'll try those tools on my schema, as well as the most current
Castor release I can find, and let you know how it goes.  But I assume
that I can't check anything in until there's a newer version of Castor on
ibiblio.

Thanks,
	Aaron