geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:40:39 GMT
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Once Castor's team joined the mailing list and are ready to work out any
> issues we've seen so far, who is in charge of deciding whether Castor is
> the tool of our choice and we cease *immediatelly* writing POJOs and
> handling mapping between XMLs and them by hand? I (and Aaron seemed
> also) don't like writing them by hand, so let's hand it over to a tool
> which is able to deal with it. If the only problem with Castor is the
> above point, I don't see why Castor wouldn't be used.

	I can certainly drive this decision.

	On this note, does anyone know of an authoritative yet free way to
validate a schema?  I'm trying to revise our Geronimo schemas to get out
of the J2EE namespace.  I'm at a point where Sun's "multi schema
validator" think my working Geronimo schema is valid but XMLBeans thinks
its not.  I have no idea "who's right".

	As far as Castor goes, every time I try to run Castor on
J2EE/Geronimo schemas, I get:

namespace '' not declared in schema
at org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.Sax2ComponentReader.startElement(

	This doesn't seem to be a fatal error, but no code is generated
either.  Aargh!  :)

View raw message