geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:58:17 GMT
This one time, at band camp, Aaron Mulder said:

AM>On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
AM>> Does it mean that we're considering it as a tool to handle our XML files
AM>> ? I thought we'd agreed that the files were to be parsed by our own
AM>> code. Would it be changed in the future? When? I doubt if we keep
AM>> writing the code ourselves nobody will ever want to rewrite them to use
AM>> the tool.
AM>
AM>	I think that many people (myself included) would like to be using
AM>a tool rather than writing things ourselves.  As of the last time this was
AM>considered, none of the tools really did the job, so we decided to do it
AM>ourselves in the short term.

I definitely agree (but, of course, I'm part of The Castor Project ;-)).
There's a lot to be said for reusing well built tools that are already
available. In fact, we need to continually check ourselves so that we're
not pervasive with the 'Not Built Here' attitude.

Have we considered the use of JiBx (http://jibx.sourceforge.net/)? I'm
seeing small reservations from everyone who looks at XMLBeans. Why not
consider other tools that are very well suited to the job?

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo