geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Review of refactored deployment classes
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:22:58 GMT
I'd actually classify directory scanning as a legacy of pre-88 days. As 88
becomes commonplace, more and more development tools will use it to push
deployments directly to the target server.

So yes, for now, we need to do something like this but ultimately it would
be turned off for development as well. However, this would not be a
'production mode' (a la WL) but simply a configuration where the scanner
service was not started.

--
Jeremy