geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:58:54 GMT

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 07:43  pm, Bordet, Simone wrote:

> Hi James,
>
>> I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for
>> Geronimo
>> using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able
>> to connect
>> to a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the
>> mx4j remote
>> connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part of mx4j.
>
> MX4J will exit soon with a beta for JMX 1.2 and JSR 160.
> Since the remoting API you need is already implemented and working
> (and standard :) you may want to start directly from JSR 160 API
> instead of the old MX4J 1.x remote API.
> On the MX4J site you can find online docs on how to use the JSR 160
> API and how to port from MX4J 1.x to JSR 160.

I can see how to use JSR 160 from Java code...

http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/bk01ch03s03.html

I wonder is there any 'pure MBean' way to install a JSR 160 server
connector. e.g. an equivalent of the following for JSR 160?

     <mbean code="mx4j.tools.naming.NamingService"
name="Naming:type=rmiregistry">
     </mbean>
     <mbean code="mx4j.adaptor.rmi.jrmp.JRMPAdaptor"
name="Adaptor:protocol=JRMP">
         <attribute name="JNDIName">jrmp</attribute>
     </mbean>

I had a quick look at CVS HEAD of mx4j and couldn't see any obvious way
of doing this. Maybe we need a little MBean wrapper around the Java API
(if there's not one already)?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/