geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache (can we have CVS)
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:06:07 GMT
Glad to help, but I have a couple of concerns. First, you have to be voted
in as a committer which requires some kind of process that I'm not entirely
sure was every established. Unless your a project founder you kind of have
to prove yourself first and then you'll get CVS privileges.

Another concern I have is that you are ready to sumbit code when I'm
entirely sure we have brainstormed enough on the subject. I don't want to a
stick in the mud, but I think we need to consider the design and do some
prototyping before we start to commit changes to the code base.

Is there some procedure for setting up a dumping ground for prototype code,
so that Ias, Sanjiva, and myself can check stuff in without worring about
impacting the Geronimo code base - kind of a dumping ground for discussion
only.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Co-Founder\Developer, Apache Geronimo