geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Competing J2EE Connector implementation architectures
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:52:25 GMT
Gianny Damour and I have developed alternate partial implementations of
the JCA ConnectionManager.  We haven't been able to convince each other
of the merits of our own approach, so I think we need some broader
community review and input.  We also need an easier way to further
develop our ideas in public.

What I'd like to do is make 2 branches and check one proposal into
each.  I'd like some advice on what to call the branches.  Here are a
couple of ideas:

1. Since Gianny's implementation calls most everything a Partition and
mine calls most everything an Interceptor,

J2EECA_PARTITION

and

J2EECA_INTERCEPTOR

2.  Use our initials...

J2EECA_GD

and

J2EECA_DJ

I'm also not sure if it's necessary to be politically correct and call
it J2EECA rather than the usual and inaccurate JCA (== Java
Cryptography Architecture).

If there aren't any objections or better suggestions for names I'll use
proposal (1).  After checking in the code I'll explain more why I like
my proposal better.

Thanks

* David Jencks
* Partner