geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: JSR94
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:23:56 GMT

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 09:16  pm, Chris Perrin wrote:

> Here's my basic thought.  It sounds like the more important thing is
> to get
> Drools running under JCA for Geronimo to use.  Once that has occurred,
> it
> should be fairly simple to expose the rules engine for deployed
> software to
> use.  Thoughts?

Yes - though I'd say its probably the other way around. The rule engine
monitors & controls the components all by itself. The components don't
need to be particularly aware of the rules engine (unless certain
components really want to). The rules engine needs to be able to see &
control & interact with the components - not the other way around.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/