geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:14:18 GMT
Hi,

> On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 07:43  pm, Bordet, Simone wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> >> I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for
> >> Geronimo
> >> using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able
> >> to connect
> >> to a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the
> >> mx4j remote
> >> connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part of mx4j.
> >
> > MX4J will exit soon with a beta for JMX 1.2 and JSR 160.
> > Since the remoting API you need is already implemented and working
> > (and standard :) you may want to start directly from JSR 160 API
> > instead of the old MX4J 1.x remote API.
> > On the MX4J site you can find online docs on how to use the JSR 160
> > API and how to port from MX4J 1.x to JSR 160.
>
> Excellent! Thanks. I guess I could use CVS HEAD until the beta's out
> right?

Correct.
I mentioned it because I started a similar effort some time ago, and realized that many classes
are impacted by MX4J 1.x remote API, so I decided to wait for JSR 160 to save time (why write
against a dead API only to change it immediately afterwards ?).
JSR 160 defines how to do logins, how to connect, and so on (all on MX4J online docs): better
to start off with the standard.

Simon