geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <>
Subject RE: [specs] J2EE specs for certification
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:03:14 GMT

> IIRC, core JMX (JSR-3) suffers from the same issue as JavaMail in that
> the specification includes a lot of concrete implementation.
> There was a
> discussion on the MX4J list about trying to separate it out
> and produce
> an interface version there but it was considered unfeasable.
> Geronimo is
> using MX4J for its JMX implementation.
> I don't know if that is also true for JSR-160 but we are currently
> getting that from MX4J as well.

Yes, also JSR 160 requires a lot of implementation:
1) Factories
2) JMXServiceURL and notification classes (and few other things)
3) All standard classes of the RMI implementation (for interoperability reasons).

It is everything implemented already in MX4J, both JSR 3 and JSR 160.
Both JSRs will be included in JDK 1.5 (Sun's implementation of course).

View raw message