geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:43:06 GMT
Hi James,

> I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for
> Geronimo
> using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able
> to connect
> to a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the
> mx4j remote
> connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part of mx4j.

MX4J will exit soon with a beta for JMX 1.2 and JSR 160.
Since the remoting API you need is already implemented and working (and standard :) you may
want to start directly from JSR 160 API instead of the old MX4J 1.x remote API.
On the MX4J site you can find online docs on how to use the JSR 160 API and how to port from
MX4J 1.x to JSR 160.

Hope helps,

Simon