geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:11:17 GMT
On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 10:30  pm, gianny DAMOUR wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
>> I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for Geronimo
>>  using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able to
>> connect  to a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the
>> mx4j remote  connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part
>> of mx4j.
> [...]
>> I just wondered if anyone had successfully managed to add the JMX
>> adapter inside Geronimo?
> Yes. To make it works, I have added this Classpath entry to the
> run:main goal:
>
> <pathelement
> location="${run.dir}/lib/geronimo-core-rmiclassloaderspi.jar"/>
>
> Geronimo implements and redefines the RMIClassLoaderSpi to be used -
> system property java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoaderSpi - and because it is
> not in the system Classpath, a NoClassDefFound is raised.

Excellent - thanks Gianny.

I've applied this patch for now - as whether we use the RMI JMX
connector, or we use JSR 160 with RMI I'm guessing both will suffer
from this problem. So now the RMI JMX connector is enabled by default -
its easy to disable if it causes problems. We can patch it to use JSR
160 once its ready & someone figures out how to hack the
boot-service.xml.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/