geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: ClassSpace - parent CL
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 18:50:28 GMT
On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 12:45 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Dain,
> 	Can you say how the revised code fixes the issue?  Does it do
> something similar to what Gianny described, or just default to a
> different
> parent?

I don't remember.  I wrote it last week and have been sucked into
writing slides.  The idea I did have wast to make this work more like
JMX class loading instead of the traditional purely hierarchal
structure in the JDK.  They are both good approaches for different
types of deployments, so I was working on a hybrid.

> 	Would it make sense to apply Gianny's change for now and then you
> can apply your update when you have time?

Yes.  We can always change things later (the project is young).

-dain