geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Sondgeroth" <ASondger...@intertech-inc.com>
Subject RE: HELP! Need ideas for Geronimo presentation at ApacheCon!
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 01:08:25 GMT
Hi Bruce,

I'm going out to the ApacheCon mainly for this talk.  I'm actually
writing an article on Geronimo (for Apress) and will be doing a few more
articles over the next several months for both Apress and Linux
Magazine.

In any case, here's a list of questions that I have either put in my
article so far or would like to have answered in the future as Geronimo
evolves:

-What key API's are going to be written vs. plugging in an existing
product? (i.e. using Jetty instead of writing a servlet container)

-What will Geronimo offer that other J2EE servers won't (or not as
well)?

-TIMELINE?! (a rough timeline would really make a lot of people happy)

-What areas are the furthest along in development?

-What areas still need a lot of work?

-(Maybe a little history on how this all got started?)

I have some more ideas, but I'll have to send them in later.  Hopefully,
this will give you something to go off of.

Thanks,
-a