geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <>
Subject Re: JSR94
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:50:48 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 04:32  pm, Chris Perrin wrote:
>> Sorry to be obtuse, but does that mean:
>> a) Drools already does this or
> Yes. AFAIK drools already is JSR 94 compliant and has the basics of a
> JCA connector implementation (which may need some work).
>> b) It might be interesting to enable drools to run with Geronimo?
> Or to say that another way, we should try embedding drools into
> Geronimo, either as MBeans or as a JCA connector. I can imagine
> there's some work required to cleanly integrate the two - if you fancy
> diving in and helping. Then we could start using rules to manage
> Geronimo itself which would be really cool.

This is something that I have thought a little bit about.

Tuning an appserver is a nightmare. I want a Geronimo cluster to be
self-organising, self-healing and self-tuning ! A rules-based tuning
mechanism might be the next natural step to take on top of current
management standards. We just have to make sure that Geronimo components
expose enough information that a rules based administrator could get a
good grip on them...

> James
> -------

 * Jules Gosnell