geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bernard <epbern...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: New (0.9.5.2) Castor Error
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:25:36 GMT
James Richards wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, I'm looking into Hibernate at
>the moment [www.hibernate.org].  I've used Castor in
>the past and I find Hibernate to be more developer
>friendly.
>
>Just wondering if others on this list have opinions on
>Hibernate vs Castor.

I've never used Castor JDO for real (only evaluation, 1 year ago)
I'm very confident with Hibernate. Support is very efficient (good doc -
event for such a complex subject, goods forum), usage is intuitive once
you understand O/R concepts. Hibernate Team is very aware of real life
cases and developments are very active.
Well, I'm a happy user.

I don't know about Castor License, but Hibernate is LGPL (can't use it
on ASL projects).