geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Humphrey <ma...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Web Clustering : Stick Sessions with Shared Store
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:04:54 GMT
Excuse me for butting in here, but I have two comments:

1. You only need to update the database when the session changes. In a
typical web application, updates to session data are much less frequent
than reads.

2. Would it be possible to achieve the same results without an Admin
server? The Admin server seems like a single point of failure in your
design (or perhaps you meant for there to be at least two admin servers).

[Matt]