geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Visco <kvi...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: New (0.9.5.2) Castor Error
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:31:32 GMT

Hi Aaron,

This is the issue Arnaud was talking about in his previous post. It
happens with newer versions of Xerces, but not the older ones. Xerces is
calling the "startPrefixMapping" method with the "xml" prefix.
Personally I don't think they should be doing that, but they are, so we
checked in some code to ignore the mapping in the Castor CVS.

For more information you can see this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/castor-dev%40exolab.org/msg15353.html

There is a simple workaround for Castor 0.9.5.2, just enable namespace
processing on the parser in the castor.properties file.

in the castor.properties file change the following line:

      org.exolab.castor.parser.namespaces=false

      to:

      org.exolab.castor.parser.namespaces=true

--Keith