geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:15:39 GMT
Keith Visco wrote:

> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>>
>>>Once Castor's team joined the mailing list and are ready to work out any
>>>issues we've seen so far, who is in charge of deciding whether Castor is
>>>the tool of our choice and we cease *immediatelly* writing POJOs and
>>>handling mapping between XMLs and them by hand? I (and Aaron seemed
>>>also) don't like writing them by hand, so let's hand it over to a tool
>>>which is able to deal with it. If the only problem with Castor is the
>>>above point, I don't see why Castor wouldn't be used.
>>
>>        I can certainly drive this decision.
>>
>>        On this note, does anyone know of an authoritative yet free way to
>>validate a schema?  I'm trying to revise our Geronimo schemas to get out
>>of the J2EE namespace.  I'm at a point where Sun's "multi schema
>>validator" think my working Geronimo schema is valid but XMLBeans thinks
>>its not.  I have no idea "who's right".
>>
>>        As far as Castor goes, every time I try to run Castor on
>>J2EE/Geronimo schemas, I get:
>>
>>namespace 'http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace' not declared in schema
>>at org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.Sax2ComponentReader.startElement(Sax2ComponentReader.java:256)
>>
>>        This doesn't seem to be a fatal error, but no code is generated
>>either.  Aargh!  :)
>

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Which version of Castor are you using? It doesn't sound like you are
> using 0.9.5.2.

I don't know about Aaron's build environment, but
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/castor/jars/ has only castor-0.9.5.jar
     which seems to not be the one we ought to use, doesn't it?

So, the problem boils down to the question how to upload the latest
release of Castor?

> Also, feel free to send me one of the schema you are having problems
> with and I will take a look at it.

The very similar issue you're able to take a look at once is to download
Geronimo sources from CVS and while in modules/core run maven build. You
   should see something as follows:

     [mkdir] Created dir:
/disk/home/jacekl/cvs/geronimo/modules/core/target/castor/gen
     [echo] Generating sources for
/disk/home/jacekl/cvs/geronimo/modules/core/src/schema/geronimo-ejb-jar.xsd
     [java] -- Suppressing non fatal warnings.
     [java] namespace 'http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace' not
declared in schema
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.Sax2ComponentReader.startElement(Sax2ComponentReader.java:256)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
     [java]      at

Source)
     [java]      at
Source)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]      at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
     [java]      at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.IncludeUnmarshaller.<init>(IncludeUnmarshaller.java:126)
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.SchemaUnmarshaller.startElement(SchemaUnmarshaller.java:418)
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.xml.schema.reader.Sax2ComponentReader.startElement(Sax2ComponentReader.java:253)
[...]

org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator.generateSource(SourceGenerator.java:518)
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator.generateSource(SourceGenerator.java:571)
     [java]      at
org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator.main(SourceGenerator.java:1126)
     [touch] Creating
/disk/home/jacekl/cvs/geronimo/modules/core/target/castor/geronimo-ejb-jar.xsd.tstamp
     [echo] Compiling to
/disk/home/jacekl/cvs/geronimo/modules/core/target/classes
     [javac] Compiling 359 source files to
/disk/home/jacekl/cvs/geronimo/modules/core/target/classes
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.

I'd bet Aaron sees a very similar message if not alike.

> --Keith

Jacek