geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:43:03 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> Jacek,
>
> Some very good points, Jacek. Just today both Arnaud and Keith from
> the Castor Project (committers and architects for Castor XML) have
> joined the geronimo-dev list.

Excellent! Welcome on board, guys.

> Each of them told me that Castor XML supports the full XML Schema
> as well as nearly all of the requirements set forth by Aaron.  If
> there are any additional features we'd like to have in Castor XML
> that they are extremely willing to add those features to Castor XML
> in a high priority manner.
>
> JL>AM>the tool must write DDs with namespace indicators (reading and then
> JL>AM>rewriting a DD should not lose information in the document element or
> JL>AM>header)
>
> The requirement listed above by Aaron has already been discussed
> amongst Arnaud, Keith and I and we're talking about some options.
>
> Let's discuss anything other questions people may have about Castor
> XML so that Arnaud and Keith can jump in and lend a hand in answering
> them and helping out with any issues that may arise.

Once Castor's team joined the mailing list and are ready to work out any
issues we've seen so far, who is in charge of deciding whether Castor is
the tool of our choice and we cease *immediatelly* writing POJOs and
handling mapping between XMLs and them by hand? I (and Aaron seemed
also) don't like writing them by hand, so let's hand it over to a tool
which is able to deal with it. If the only problem with Castor is the
above point, I don't see why Castor wouldn't be used.

Although I'd read many times on this list that anybody may begin a vote,
I would like to see it done by someone from the team.

> Bruce

Jacek