geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 23:35:32 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	My sense is that none of the tools is a "perfect fit" out of the
> box, so it's just a matter of working through the necessary
> customizations.  I think I'm quite close to being satisfied with XMLBeans
> -- I suspect I just need to straighten out our Geronimo namespace and then
> wait for the XMLBeans project to put something in the Maven repository.
> 	But just to state my requirements, here's what I can think up off
> the top of my head:

Hi,

Since Geronimo "is bringing together leading members of the Castor,
JBoss, MX4J and OpenEJB communities" I couldn't believe we couldn't
start with Castor as the best fit (even if it's not already). If
there're something missing in the tool I'd bet it's going the highest
priority to fix it as the tool's members are also Geronimo ones, and who
else would support it better. XMLBeans is incubating and the jar's size
is equals to the one of Castor, so unless there're features in XMLBeans
that outweighs the ones found in Castor I wouldn't even bother to take a
look at XMLBeans. Although, I remember I had some problems with XSD of
standard DDs, but did manage to work them out very quickly.

So, hey, Castor's members, wouldn't you mind to comment on the
requirements Aaron was kind to write down? Otherwise, I'll have to
figure out if Castor does what Aaron is expecting from the tool (and it
will certainly take some time).

Cheers,
Jacek