geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: XML POJO Update (XMLBeans)
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:43:32 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	Bottom line, everything seems to be moving in the right direction,
> but there are still some wrinkles left.

Hi Aaron,

Does it mean that we're considering it as a tool to handle our XML files
? I thought we'd agreed that the files were to be parsed by our own
code. Would it be changed in the future? When? I doubt if we keep
writing the code ourselves nobody will ever want to rewrite them to use
the tool.

What about picking up one (e.g. XMLBeans) and dealing with its pros and
cons or just create a service that does the job for us, i.e. reads the
DDs (or any other XMLs) and provides POJOs? I don't have any idea how
long it would take, but it's worth at least to talk about it (again).

> Aaron

Jacek