geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [webapp deployment] Progress (was Re: [Deployment] Application Deployment Status)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:54:07 GMT

One of the things that we omitted, then had to hack in, in a certain
other app server was virtual host support. Virtual hosts are not (AFAIK)
yet supported by the std dd. Of course, they can be supported in a
proprietary dd (section), however, an number of people wanted e.g. 1
deploy dir per virtual host. I guess we need some sort of retrievable
deployment content object that holds e.g. parsed dds, who did the
deploying and other stuff, that the webcontainer may OPTIONALLY dip into
in order to enrich it's understanding of what is going on. However
deployment should be able to go ahead without access to this context?

If I am talking rubbish - it's because I haven't really been following
this thread.... :-)

Jules

--
 * Jules Gosnell