geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject Re: How to work with XMLs?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:54:27 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> The xbeans module was an experiment and used BEA's XMLBeans (now at
> Apache), JAXB and Castor. Out of the 3 the best solution appeared to be
> XMLBeans.
> Though we've decided to write our own beans by hand & hand code the
> marshalling ourselves via Digester (I think)

Digester? Well, that would help a lot, but alas Geronimo doesn't use it
at all. I spent some time yesterday trying to figure out how it's done
and it looks to me that it's necessary to handle binding elements and
attributes by ourselves. It means we don't use any tool (besides Xerces)
to work with XMLs. That's different than how I used to manage it, but it
  gave me another idea.

What about a service that would allow handle XML binding automatically?
Whatever it means. What benefits would it provide besides being opaque
to the 3 listed above - I don't know. I can't imagine how it'd work at
all, but hope to see others who pick it up and materialize :-)

-Jacek