geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jacek.laskow...@hp.com>
Subject How to work with XMLs?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:56:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm going to enhance o.a.g.xml.deployment.LocalEntityResolver so that it
   will look up publicIds and systemIds in its catalogue. The idea is
very well described in the javadoc of EntityResolver class -
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.html.

As the catalogue is to be an xml file, the question I couldn't find an
answer to is how to handle XMLs?

The run:main goal invokes xmlbeans to generate POJOs for the standard
DDs, but I haven't yet been able to figure out why it's done. On the
other hand, I'd bet we agreed to not use any of generators and handle
the binding ourselves, i.e. create a Loader that maps elements to
appropriate POJOs. Is that correct? If so, should the loader and POJO
belong to o.a.g.xml.deployment package?

Unless such a page already exists, once I have finished it I'l describe
   how Geronimo handles XML files in Wiki.

Cheers,
-Jacek