geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <>
Subject How to work with XMLs?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:56:14 GMT

I'm going to enhance o.a.g.xml.deployment.LocalEntityResolver so that it
   will look up publicIds and systemIds in its catalogue. The idea is
very well described in the javadoc of EntityResolver class -

As the catalogue is to be an xml file, the question I couldn't find an
answer to is how to handle XMLs?

The run:main goal invokes xmlbeans to generate POJOs for the standard
DDs, but I haven't yet been able to figure out why it's done. On the
other hand, I'd bet we agreed to not use any of generators and handle
the binding ourselves, i.e. create a Loader that maps elements to
appropriate POJOs. Is that correct? If so, should the loader and POJO
belong to o.a.g.xml.deployment package?

Unless such a page already exists, once I have finished it I'l describe
   how Geronimo handles XML files in Wiki.

View raw message