geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject anyone any idea how to get the RMI JMX connector running inside Geronimo?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:25:45 GMT
I've started hacking together a simple Swing JMX console for Geronimo
using GroovySwing (more on that another day). But to be able to connect
to a Geronimo server from a remote UI process we need the mx4j remote
connector adapter, such as the JRMP / RMI one thats part of mx4j.

I've tried uncommenting the lines in
modules/core/src/conf/boot-service.xml but I get this exception...

     [java] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
     [java]      at
sun.rmi.server.MarshalOutputStream.annotateClass(MarshalOutputStream.jav
a:78)
     [java]      at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeNonProxyDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:114
7)
     [java]      at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeClassDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1100)
     [java]      at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1
239)
     [java]      at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1052)
     [java]      at
java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:278)
     [java]      at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.bind(Unknown
Source)
     [java]      at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.bind(RegistryContext.java:111)
     [java]      at
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.bind(RegistryContext.java:122)
     [java]      at
javax.naming.InitialContext.bind(InitialContext.java:355)
     [java]      at mx4j.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptor.bind(RMIAdaptor.java:541)
     [java]      at
mx4j.adaptor.rmi.jrmp.JRMPAdaptor.start(JRMPAdaptor.java:62)

I just wondered if anyone had successfully managed to add the JMX
adapter inside Geronimo?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/