geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: JSR 109 implementation for Apache
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:53:01 GMT
> I'm already working on an Axis integration in a J2EE server
> (JOnAS) for a JSR109 implementation. And we found some axis
> limitations :
> - jaxrpc mapping cannot be completely supported (only package
> mapping and xml type mapping at this time). All stuff
> concerning class generation (class mapping, method mapping)
> cannot be handled directly with WSDL2Java.
> - cannot change endpoint address of a port through the
> ServiceLocator interface. (issu patched recently in CVS)

Those were exactly what I had to figure out. Now my prototype,
org.apache.ws4j2ee.jaxrpcmapping delivers Wsdl2J2ee, J2eeEmitter, and
J2eeXxxWriters different from those of org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava. On the
other hand, the new WSDL processor is based on Axis' WSDL2 framework, so you
can consider this JAX-RPC mapping file parser as an customized extension of
the framework.

> In short, I'm interrested to contribute for a new Axis tool (like
> WSDL2Java) taking into account the jaxrpc mapping file. After
> dev, this tool should be integrated/used into JOnAS as well
> as Geronimo...

Please see JSR109Proposal at
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JSR109Proposal also including
JAX-RPC mapping file parser proposal. I'm quite convinced that JOnAs also
can make the full use of the parser.

Thanks for your interest,

Ias