geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Richards <hei...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New (0.9.5.2) Castor Error
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:31:08 GMT
Just out of curiosity, I'm looking into Hibernate at
the moment [www.hibernate.org].  I've used Castor in
the past and I find Hibernate to be more developer
friendly.

Just wondering if others on this list have opinions on
Hibernate vs Castor.

Apologies if this is a little off topic.

Thanks,

James

> 	I tried Castor 0.9.5.2 on my DD Schemas, and I get
> the stack trace
> below.  The error is complaining that I've tried to
> map "xml" as a
> namespace, but I'm pretty sure I haven't -- I've
> looked through the files
> and grepped for "xmlns:xml" and "xml=" and so on and
> found nothing.  If
> someone from Castor wants me to send them the
> schemas for further
> investigation, I'd be happy to.  It would really
> help to get a file name
> and line number in these errors!
>
> Thanks,
> 	Aaron
>
>     [echo] Generating sources for

/home/ammulder/cvs/geronimo/modules/xbeans/src/schema/geronimo-application-client.xsd
>     [java] -- Disabling generation of Marshalling
> framework methods
> (marshall, unmarshall, validate).
>     [java] Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> The prefix 'xml' is reserved (XML 1.0 Specification)
> and cannot be
> declared.
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.xml.Namespaces.addNamespace(Namespaces.java:130)
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.xml.UnmarshalHandler.startPrefixMapping(UnmarshalHandler.java:1953)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startNamespaceMapping(Unknown

> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown

> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown

> Source)
>     [java]      at

> Source)
>     [java]      at

> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:583)
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.builder.binding.BindingLoader.loadBinding(BindingLoader.java:130)
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.builder.binding.BindingLoader.createBinding(BindingLoader.java:250)
>     [java]      at

org.exolab.castor.builder.SourceGenerator.main(SourceGenerator.java:746)