geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Conner <>
Subject RE: How to work with XMLs?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:24:04 GMT
> Bea say thar xmlbeans is "compatible with the JAXB specification" it
> Jaxb and more things.

That's interesting.  I don't know much about XMLBeans but
I remember reading somewhere that they were converging
technologies.  I'll download the current version and give it
a try with our problem schema :-)

> The RI of JAXB is only a RI to show how JAXB must work and
> i think that it canĀ“t be used in products.

Unfortunately I wasn't involved in that decision :-).  I have
preferred to roll my own so far because I believed, perhaps
incorrectly, that the generated code wasn't good enough for
performance critical apps (certainly true for JAXB RI).

I think it is now time to re-evaluate that opinion :-).
I'll give JaxMe and XMLBeans a try with our problem schema
and see how they do.

Thanks for the info,

View raw message