geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Subject Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:50:32 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the answer,

>I have plans to start working on this issue again (I had to break for
>other business) along with integration of Axis with Geronimo this
>week.  I think it would be helpful to have a Wiki that address this.
Myp lan for Geronimo
> is to use Axis as the foundation for Geronimo's support for Web services as
> described by JSR 109, so I think some of the work will be done to the Axis
> code base and some in the Geronimo. For example, enhancing JAX-RPC so that
> its JSR 109 compliant would happen in the Axis code base, but implementation
> of Enterprise JavaBeans Endpoints would be done in Geronimo too. I'll start
> tuning into the Axis mailing list - axis-dev right?

yes, I think this is the my picture as well, to be bit specific

our current idea about the implementation is to write a tool that read
deployment discriptor(s) and (wsdl or EJB) and generate a webservice
that wrap the EJB. (a web service that do the lookup and map webservice
SEI methods to the EJB ... )

I think we should start a discussion on axis-dev mailing list,

Srinath

###################################################################################
BTW

Luis Avila from the geranimo answered (mail is below) here is my answer,

our current idea about the implementation is to write a tool that read
deployment discriptor(s) and (wsdl or EJB) and generate a webservice
that wrap the EJB. (a web service that do the lookup and map webservice
SEI methods to the EJB ... )

How we find the expectations of the JSR109 from the devloper community
of the axis and geranimo. Shall we start a discussion on the both dev
lists about the expectations and the high level architecture of a JSR109
Impl and any other issuse(if there are any).