geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Perrin" <cpli...@hifiit.com>
Subject JSR94
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:17:42 GMT
Because the JSR94 spec clearly specifies the use of J2EE as a target for
running a rules engine, has anyone given any thoughts for providing a rules
engine implementation that runs natively in Geronimo?

Obviously something like this would be a service that the user would have to
configure, but it might be useful to Geronimo users to have a JSR94
compliant rules engine ready to go "out of the box."  If we ensured strict
JSR94 compliance, then we could keep people from locking into a
Geronimo-specific implementation if they wanted to migrate to another
platform.  The rules engine might also have a standalone component which
someone could use if they thought a Geronimo might be overkill for some
projects.

If anyone thinks this is a worthwhile idea, I'll start cranking out some
code.

Chris