geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Emerson Cargnin" <echoflor...@bol.com.br>
Subject suggestion : geronimo babylon dictionary for developers
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:07:55 GMT
I was starting to create a geronimo babylon dictionary, which could help for
all like me that are not so comfortable with so many JSR's, acronyms,
geronimo modules and used API's. This dictionary, in short, could show up
any word that could deserve a better clarification. All the words at the
dictionary may have links to documents, wiki, articles, and so on. I started
out with a couple of  JSR's, my initial concern.

I know that babylon itself runs just on windows, but still there's similar
tools (not-ocr, AFAIK) for  linux as well.
http://wordtrans.sourceforge.net/

As the source file of babylon dics are text based, this could be maintained
at the cvs, so anyone could help.
This initial version is to english-english version, maybe other languages
could add more dictionaries to this one in the future.
The starting dictionary are attached. Contains just a couple of jsr's. Feel
free to alter it.

I think it could be a great tool for developing geronimo and learning its
already vast codebase, mostly for begginers. It takes a time to get used by
so many new terms :)

Hope this help somebody. At list I've used my couple of jsr's definitions a
couple of times :))

Emerson Cargnin
http://echofloripa.sytes.net