geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Re: JSR 109 implementation for Apache
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:55:19 GMT
I tend to agree with Davanum here.

Geronimo needs to support the deployment and management of web service
components and the mapping between services and J2EE components. It
should be possible to plug the web service layer to use an alternative
to Axis (in the same way we intend to allow multiple web containers e.g.
Jetty and/or Tomcat).

I think it is important to define a clear interface from Geronimo to
such a provider, with work happening in the following places:
* Geronimo for the definition of the interface
* Geronimo for its use of the interface
* Probably Geronimo, possibly Axis for the provider side implementation
  (for the web containers IIRC this is happening in Geronimo)
* Probably Axis for any implementation that would be required
  in a standalone configuration

--
Jeremy