geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: JSR 109 implementation for Apache
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:33:07 GMT

Definitely a good goal.

> sure :) we are more than happy to have your help ..
> I remember you mention there are some part of code you have which
> might be reused in a JSR109 impl as well.
>
> here is architecture propsal (you might have seen)
>
> http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~hemapani/JSR109/architecture.html
>
> yap and if my understanding is correct this can be used in
> the JOnAs as well
> as geranimo. (actually in that way it depends on the J2EE
> spec not the container. My only concern is will it be a big
> performence penalty as we do first an
> HTTP/SOAP access(web service layer) then RMI accsess.(axis to
> container)
> / if this is  a problem we can use Local inteface instead of Remote
> interface(just a idea))

I can't think of any reason why that should not be possible. You
probably want to support both though to allow for configurations where
the web-services gateway is running on a dedicated machine.

A couple of comments on the architecture page:

I don't see any mention of client side support (e.g. using a web service
from an EJB) - is this something you are planning to address?

You should hook the XML parsing stuff into Geronimo's deployment
mechanism - I believe Aaron Mulder was already asking what, if any,
additional elements were needed in the vendor DDs. We want to avoid the
case where the same XML gets parsed many times by many services. This
should also be integrated with Geronimo's MBean model so that the web
services specific components are manageable.

Can you define the hooks into the security services e.g. how you would
support future message level authentication (I would like to know we had
at least considered some of the security issues).

--
Jeremy