geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: FW: [vote]POJO design?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:09:13 GMT

Cabrera, Alan wrote:
> There has been a lot of email on this subject and it is difficult for me to
> keep up.  What are the use cases that we are using to evaluate these three
> options?

We decided to go with Aarons & Jeremies patch.
The use cases that were basically considered were

  1) Aarons desire to have a standards only tree for DDBeans.
  2) My paranoia about how we may want to use the tree's in unexpected
     ways in the future.

So what we have now works fine for the use-cases at hand.  I still
remain concerned that new use-cases will present themselves that
will make use of the current POJOs difficult as the current implementation
does not support polymorphism at all.

cheers