geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [vote]POJO design?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:28:40 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:

> [-1] Greg's patch: A single tree of standard & geronimo elements

Well as you are pretty much approved as a committer now - I'll take
that as a veto.

Kind of decides the issue as few others have voted anyway.

>  - The set of interfaces provided (JNDIEnvironmentRefs, JNDINameable, and
> JNDIRef) could be used as is for the other proposal, so there is no
> advantage granted by just using interfaces.  Would interface supporters
> cheerfully agree to the other patch if I add the same 3 interfaces to it?

That again would be better.  But my main object remains that it
the current dual tree approach has been hand crafted and we are only
adding these interfaces where pragmatism dictates.

Adding these interfaces is just going part way to my initial proposal of
having one of the two trees as interfaces so that both hierarchies can
be correct.

So I would say that we should either add ALL interfaces for one of the
trees now, or just add them if/when they are needed.  As we are not adding
all the interfaces now, then I'd say leave it as is.

cheers