geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Deployment Descriptors
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:30:31 GMT

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 02:36 AM, Greg Wilkins wrote:
>

> [SNIP]
>

>> But I don't want that to stop discussion while the code is being written.
>> I think what is best for web is bad for ejb and what is best for ejb
>> is bad
>> for web - so Jeremy and I are a little entrenched in our view points -
>> and
>> would appreciated input from others.
>>

> Are there any spec requirements that must be considered?

Jeremy and I could not agree if there were or not :-)

I think that it is agains the spirit (if not the letter) of the
spec to ignore the contents of a standard DD just because of the
presence of a vendor DD.

Jeremy thinks that it is not, as he sees the generation of the
vendor DD as being part of the deployment step.

But if we do go with Jeremies model, we have agreed that the
standard DD must at least be check for consistency with the
geronimo DD - so it will not be ignored.

cheers