geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: [XML Parsing]
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:01:38 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 09:45 PM, gianny DAMOUR wrote:
>> It is true that MethodProxy is super fast (I also gave it a try),
>> however - I may be wrong here - the number of hits on the Manageable
>> Objects will not be significant enought to see a true performance
>> improvement.
>
> It really depends on how we implement things.  There may be some
> services that get hit often (especially if you have a monitoring
> application).  Using a MethodProxy is just as easy a using reflections
> so I will most likely always use it.

FYI, one potential drawback to using MethodProxy is that a new class is
created for each one. There have been reports that the number of classes
can become a problem in certain container/jvm/platform combinations. You
may want to look into using something a little higher-level (we can add
whatever you need).

Chris (CGLIB team)