geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [Q:] JMX implementation, adaptors
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:02:17 GMT
Dain Sundstrom said:
>>>2) Are we using JRMP over RMI for remote access to the MBeans (i.e., a
>>>JRMP over RMI adaptor for JMX)?
>>Just right now, the JRMP adaptor of MX4J is leverage in order to be able
>>to use MC4J. The adaptor is mounted during the boot of Geronimo. You can
>>have a look to the boot-service.xml.
>
>For now yes, but the new approach is the remoting framework.
Thanks for this precision.

It is in my understanding that the remoting framework exposes, by now, the
MBeanServer via the "async" transport using either java.io or java.nio. It
is also in my understanding that this framework allows to add "easily" new
transport protocols.

However, when I browsed the code, I thought that it was "just a show-case"
of this framework and a mean to share with others how to leverage it. I
thought that it was a show-case because MX4J provides a RMI adaptor.

I understand that protocol adaptors and connectors are not covered by the
JMX specifications and hence that to use the out-of-the-box RMI adaptor
provided by MX4J was binding the implementation to MX4J.

Hence this question: can we use provider specific features or is it
forbidden in order to ensure the "portability"?

Thanks,
Gianny

Fast, faster, fastest: Upgrade to Cable or DSL today!
https://broadband.msn.com